Friday, April 13, 2012
115g mince meat
400g plum tomatoes
15ml olive oil
1 garlic clove
115g of processed meat, such as sausage or pepperoni, roughly chopped
2tblspn flat leaf parsley
60-75ml double cream
2 egg yolk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Any herb to your taste.
1) Blend the tomatoes to puree. You could try using tomato puree in a can if you prefer something more sour
2) Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and fry over low heat for 1-2 mins. Remove the garlic from the saucepan.
3) Over medium heat, add the mince meat and the processed meat. Stir until brown and crumbly.
4) Add the pureed tomatoes and the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and bring to boil. Scrape any meat that stuck to the base of the pan
5) Lower the heat, cover the sauce and let to simmer with occasional stirring for about 30 mins. Taste the sauce for seasoning. You may add in additional herb to your taste buds
6) Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water to al dente.
7) Whisk together the yolk and the cream.
8) Put the yolk-cream mixture into a warmed bowl and add in the hot drained pasta and tossed until the pasta is fully coated. Then pour in the tomato based sauce over the pasta and toss until fully coated. Serve immediately and garnish with the remaining parsley.