Friday, September 11, 2015
A) pie crust.
B) 6 tart apple, thinly sliced
C) 1/2 cup white sugar
D) 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
E) 1 tablespoon lemon juice
F) 3 tablespoon flour
G) 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
H) 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
J) 1 egg, beaten
1) set your pie crust onto the pan, let cool in freezer while you prepare for the filling.
2) mix the apple, sugar, lemon juice and spices well and fill your crusted pie pan
3) put in small dollops of butter randomly on top of the apple.
4) you can either put on another pie crust and trim the edges, or put cookie cutter shaped crust for decorative purpose.
5) brush on egg wash on top of the crust before baking
6) bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, then reduce the temperature of the oven and cook for another 5 minutes or so to soften the apple.
7) let it rest for a while, and enjoy.