Friday, August 29, 2014
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup hot boiling water
banana cake batter
1) melt white sugar, stirring constantly until starts to brown (caramelize)
2) add the brown sugar and butter, stir until everything become smooth.
3) add the boiling water (with care) and stir until everything dissolve
4) add the chopped nuts
5) pour into baking pan lined with baking parchment (if you omit the baking parchment and line with butter and flour, you will get a darker toned cake, as displayed)
6) left to cool before pouring the cake batter
7) bake in lower temp than directed by original recipe, around 130 degrees-150 degrees, until brown and the pick comes out clean from the middle of the cake.
8) flip the cake upside down to enjoy the nuts at the top of the cake...
tasty to be enjoyed warm.. though room temp-cool is also fine.. (",)v