2012 is leaving us... and bringging 2013 to take it's place..however you see it, year 2012 is another year that you need to look at and learn from it.. and take the lesson to bring to the following year.. Allah extended our life each day last year so that we may become a better person this year.. so, let us to not waste the oppurtunity given by Him and muhasabah so we become a better person, if not today, then next year...
Even people who don't know much about Swedish food will probably at least have heard of, or tried, the great dish that is Swedish meatballs – especially since Ikea took over the world (I've been told they sell loads of these in their cafeterias). Paired with mash and warm lingon berry sauce, they make a perfect meal: tasty, comforting, with a hint of sweetness.
For the meatballs:
• a handful of mixed fresh herbs, such as dill, flat-leaf parsley or chives, roughly chopped
• 600g minced beef, or you may try 300g of beef and 300g of lamb
• 1 large egg
• 100ml milk
• 75g dried breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• olive oil For the sauce
• juice of ½ a lemon
• 300ml beef stock, (if using a stock cube, ½ is enough)
• 1 tablespoon plain flour
• 60ml double cream
• 1 x 200g jar of lingon berry, cranberry, blackberry or blackcurrant jam, to serve
1) Set aside a few of the herbs, then put the rest into a large bowl with the beef, egg, milk, breadcrumbs and allspice.
2) Add a good pinch of salt and pepper,
3) Then scrunch and mix it well.
4) Wet your hands and roll little balls. Keep wetting your hands as you go so you get nice round elegant meatballs
5) Fry in your largest pan. Fry gently for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until they are golden brown.
6) Transfer the meatballs to a large plate.
7) Spoon away any excess fat from the pan, then add the lemon juice, a splash of stock, the flour, the cream, a heaped tablespoon of lingon berry or berry jam and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
8) Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and reduce until you have a nice consistency that will cling to the meatballs
9) Return the meatballs to the pan and move them around so they get coated in the sauce.
10) They'll go brilliantly next to mashed or crispy potatoes.
Namanya sambal tahun, sebabnya kononnya akan terasa pedas hingga setahun..
Cili padi, segenggam setengah
Lengkuas muda, 5cmx5cm, dipotong jejari
Protein, seperti perut, daging, atau kulit, dalam 1 kg
Santan, 1 atau 2 biji, ikut citarasa
Bawang merah, +- 6 biji, ditumbuk
Garam dan gula
1) celur cili padi, lengkuas dan perut.
2) potong perut kepada saiz yang sesuai.
3) Di dalam periuk, masukkan santan dan bawang. Biarkan masak sebentar di atas api kecil agar serasi. Pastikan anda tidak meninggalkan masakan dan perlu kacau selalu
4) Masukkan lengkuas dan cili padi. Biarkan masak sebentar.
5) Masukkan perut dan biarkan sebentar.
6) Masukkan garam dan gula secukup rasa.
a- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
b- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
c- 1 1/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 large)
d- 2 /3 cup shortening/butter
e- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
f- 2/3 cup buttermilk
g- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
h- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
i- 3/4 teaspoon salt
j- 3 eggs
1-Heat oven to 350°F. or 175'C
2-Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans.
3-In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on low speed
4- put in egg one by one.
5- add in the banana
6- fold in the dry ingredient with some milk in between
7-Pour into pan(s)
8-Bake until knife comes out clean when poke into it.
Pavlova is the in desert right now... and unlike macaroons, its much easier to make... even a newbie can make it (with supervision)
a- 4 egg whites (clean from any yolks or water nor oil)
b- 1 1/4 cup of castor sugar
c- a teaspoon of lemon juice
d- a teaspoon of vanilla essence
e- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
f- about 500ml of whipping cream
g- fresh sour fruits
1- heat the oven at 150'C
2- beat the eggs in a clean bowl (no oil, no water, no nothing) until peaks forms, but not dry.
3- add the sugar a teaspoon at a time, beating until all the sugar dissolve with each spoonful.
4- fold in the lemon juice, vanilla essence.
5- fold in the cornstarch a spoonful at a time.
6- bake for about an hour, until the our layer have form a crust and the middle is soft. let it cool in the oven.
7- whip the cream until peaks form. spread on the pavlova and decorate with fruits.
a) Preheat oven to 190C or 375F, butter pan and line it with paper
b) Shift flour with cocoa powder. Put aside.
c) Melt chocolate with butter in water bath
d) Remove from heat and stir in eggs, vanilla and sugar.
e) Beat in the flour into the mixture.
f) Gently fold in chocolate and walnut.
g) Bake for about 35 minutes.
h) Let to cool and cut into squares. Enjoy!
a) segenggam ikan bilis
b) 1x1 cm lengkuas
c) 1x3cm cekur
d) 17 biji cili padi bersaiz sederhana
e) 5-6 biji bawang merah
f) santan dari sebiji kelapa
g) air asam dari asam jawa sebanyak 1x1 cm
h) sumber protein (ikan keli atau ikan pari) yang telah dibakar atau goreng
i) garam gula secukup rasa
j) daun cekur dihiris halus (pilihan)
1) tumbuk sekali ikan bilis, lengkuas, cekur, cili padi dan bawang merah
2) di dalam periuk, masak santan dengan secawan air. masukkan bahan yang ditumbuk
3) masukkan air asam
4) masukkan sumber protein
5) tambah garam gula secukup rasa
6) masukkan daun cekur.
115g mince meat
400g plum tomatoes
15ml olive oil
1 garlic clove
115g of processed meat, such as sausage or pepperoni, roughly chopped
2tblspn flat leaf parsley
60-75ml double cream
2 egg yolk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Any herb to your taste.
1) Blend the tomatoes to puree. You could try using tomato puree in a can if you prefer something more sour
2) Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and fry over low heat for 1-2 mins. Remove the garlic from the saucepan.
3) Over medium heat, add the mince meat and the processed meat. Stir until brown and crumbly.
4) Add the pureed tomatoes and the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and bring to boil. Scrape any meat that stuck to the base of the pan
5) Lower the heat, cover the sauce and let to simmer with occasional stirring for about 30 mins. Taste the sauce for seasoning. You may add in additional herb to your taste buds
6) Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water to al dente.
7) Whisk together the yolk and the cream.
8) Put the yolk-cream mixture into a warmed bowl and add in the hot drained pasta and tossed until the pasta is fully coated. Then pour in the tomato based sauce over the pasta and toss until fully coated. Serve immediately and garnish with the remaining parsley.
"Allah does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear: in his favour shall be whatever good he does, and against him whatever evil he does. (Al Baqarah, 286)
looking back to all that I passed through day by day.. I realize I need to put more faith in Him... for all that He gave has His reasons.. and He knows that we can handle it.. and a writing has pull me back to land when it remind me that everything we have or had are His.. it is His decision whether we still need or not something. I need to be able to be willing to be tested.. "How can you say that you are faithful, when you haven't been tested" "The affair of the believer is amazing! The whole of his life is beneficial, and that is only in the case of the believer. When good times come to him, he is thankful and it is good for him, and when bad times befall him, he is patient and it is also good for him." [Saheeh Muslim]
assalamualaikum... to those who gives his or her time to read my blog... it have been a while since i last wrote.. since then so much have happened..
I realize that Allah has decided that i'm ready for more adventure to be filled in my nursing diary. Last two months, a bit unexpectedly i had to accompany a patient straight from operation theater to another hospital due to our insufficient facilities. Arriving to the hospital, i was half expecting to be able to meet my friend that works there. But it seems that both of us are buzy, we didn't get to see each other until this month. It was tiring waiting for the patient to be accepted to the hospitals's OT.. then... to put on a cherry on top... we stumble upon an accident involving 3 young men on our way back. We ensure the men were stable while waiting for the other ambulance to come to fetch one of the man to hosp serdang. We sent two of the men while the other was sent by the serdang's ambulance. On the way back from the hosp, i've come to realize that my uniform was soiled by the patient's blood. Arriving our hosp, i changed to an op garment, i need to.. how can i pray with a bloody garment. it was really a tiring night shift..
then there are a few shifts at jasmine that really stretched my patience... works at jasmine are easy most of the time; so i can understand the reluctant to stationed another nurse for each shift, but when the 3 rooms accomodate medical patients with one patient for blood transfusion, one patient for hospital transfer, one patient also a dengue patient, but nothing has been done for her, and another newly admitted paediatric patient.. i got some tears to get through the day, but i wouldnt say i cried. then a few days after that, i got almost another shift like that.. only not crazy enough to wring any tears from me... honestly... Allah doesn't gives upon a person something that he can't handle... He knows that i can handle it....
Ya Allah, please gives me strength and patience to go through the day.. Ameen..