Sunday, April 21, 2013
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup Brown sugar, lightly packed
2 Eggs, separated
1 tbsp Golden syrup
1 cup Self-raising flour
½ cup Plain flour
½ tsp Cinnamon powder
½ cup Milk
½ cup Brown sugar, lightly packed
¾ cup Icing sugar
¼ cup Milk
1. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg yolk and golden syrup, beat until well combined.
3. Fold in sifted flour and cinnamon alternately with milk.
4. Beat egg whites until soft peak forms, fold gently into mixture.
5. Spread mixture into greased deep 20cm (8 in) round cake tin which has base lined with greased greaseproof paper.
6. Bake in moderate oven 50 – 60 minutes. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
7. When cake is cold, top with caramel icing.
1. Melt butter in saucepan, add sugar, stir over medium heat 3 minutes, gradually add milk.
2. Stir until sauce boils. Remove from heat, leave to become cold.
3. Gradually add sifted icing sugar, beat until thick and spreadable.