Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Brownies recipe- finally

A brownies recipe finally? Well the first time I've tasted brownies was when I was 10 years old. I was like- why haven't I tasted this before? To say that this is chocolate cake would be... out of it's league? but it's chocolate. Until someone there pointed out to me, no- it's not a cake, it's brownies. Yeah, that it it's name- brownies.
When I've gotten older, and I've gotten myself into baking, I tried a lot of recipe of brownies, maybe not a lot, but quite a number of it. I even tried to trace down my friend that brought that my-first-brownies-that-I-tried, who changed school once we finished primary school, who parents got separated and the only lead I had was then an acquaintance with the new mother. I am still trying to get the recipe from her- don't be fooled by my writing that I've obtained the recipe, but, this recipe at least was well received by me and my family. I got the recipe from here; I haven't tweaked it, yet- ok maybe I sprinkled some flaked almonds on top before baking, and I could try to make it less sweet- but that is for another time.

A picture? Sorry, maybe next time. The brownies was abolished....

 Ingredient:

1 1/4 cups (249 grams) granulated sugar
5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, cold
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (128 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
Methods:

1- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a 8 by 8-inch pan with either butter and cocoa powder or butter and baking paper.
2-In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and sugar. Microwave for about 1 minute, or until the butter is melted. (I've yet to try melting the butter in a saucepan, on the stove). Whisk in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the oil and cocoa powder.
3- With a rubber spatula, stir in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Here is where I sprinkle some almond flakes on top. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the brownies are set and a cake tested inserted into the center has moist crumbs attached. Do not overcook. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.

It was said that the brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, but we have yet to go pass 2 days before it was cleaned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment