Pages

Friday, October 30, 2020

Creamy tuna pie


 


Upon eating my chicken mushroom pie, my tuna avid father requested for tuna pie...

So I started to again search for some recipe for tuna pie. I was also actually somewhat ready to make new pastry crust (I used my previous crust for the chicken pie). I finally decided to use this recipe as my referral to make my pie. 


Ingredients:

2 tbs butter

2 tbs cooking oil

3 cloves of garlic, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

2 tbs all purpose flour

3 cups of milk

1/2 cup corn, drained

4 piece cheese

2 can tuna or 1 can tuna & 1 can sardine, drain, rinse and flaked.

salt pepper to taste

puff pastries, thawed


Methods:

Preheat the oven to 175C.

Melt the butter with the oil in a pan. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrance. 

Add flour and stir until cooked. About 2 minutes.

Turn off heat and whisk the milk little by little until creamy. 

Add the tuna, corn and cheese. Mix carefully.

Spread the tuna pastry to a suitable size. you can make a big pie if you want, but for me, a hand-held pie is more manageable. 

Give the pie an egg wash, you may sprinkle some black sesame or some oregano flakes if you want and bake the pie for about 10 minutes or until golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment