Pages

Friday, August 26, 2022

Double chocolate cookie !

 





My sister requested for a video to compete my daughter in a kids cooking competition; realizing it's been awhile since her last video, I comply. I was researching for easy recipe for her to make, but at the same time I need to consider in only using what that is already in the kitchen, as I definitely not in the mood to shop for more items. While browsing through the pantry, I notice a small tub of cocoa powder and a pack of chocolate chips. Double chocolate cookie! 

As I was measuring the ingredients, I realize that I have not told my daughter that she is the one that will need to make the cookie, not me. Knowing that she gets excited and hurriedly go and washes her hands (she now accustoms with the rule of clean hands when cooking) and bugs me when I will be done in preparing the ingredients and set up the camera. Eventually I shooed her and her sister to watch some cartoon while I complete the set up. 

The recipe that I choose was one of the top three recipe that pops out when I type double chocolate cookie. But this recipe was chosen as it does not demand for brown sugar, which I don't have at the moment.  

The recipe demands for 1 1/2 cup of sugar, but reading the comments below the recipe stating the amount of sugar resulted to a "too sweet" of a cookie, I decided to cut the sugar to only 1 cup. The recipe also instructed for 10 minutes baking time, but somehow the cookie feels too soft at 10 minutes, that I add another 10 minutes, but maybe I only need to add 5 minutes. Still, the cookies tasted great. I think it will be nice to pair thee cookies with either milk or tea. 

 So here I present you double chocolate cookie...


Ingredients:

1 cup of sugar

1 cup of butter

2 eggs

2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cup of flour

2/3 cup of cocoa powder

3/4 teaspoon of baking soda

1/4 teaspoon of salt

2 cup of  semi sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup of  chopped walnuts (optional)


Methods:

- Preheat the oven to 175 C

- Mix the dry ingredients: Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt

- Beat the butter and sugar

-Add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating

- Fold in the dry ingredients a little bit at a time. 

- Mix in the chocolate chips and the nuts

- Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking tray with distance about 2-3 inches in between a dollop of dough

- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.

-Let the cookie cools a bit before enjoying..

1 comment:

  1. Wah, lama dah tak tengok entri Mona.. miss your entries Mona ❤️

    ReplyDelete