Its been a while now, and i have always wanted to try this...
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ ounce active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- ¾ cup of lukewarm milk
- 1/3 cup of butter
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 ½ cup shifted flour
- Oil for frying
- Pour 1 in a bowl, stir in 2 and 3 , allow to froth (5-10 mins).
- Place 4 and 5 in a small saucepan over med heat – until 5 melted and 4 have tiny bubbles. Remove from heat
- Place 6 and 7 in a large mixer. Pour in milk, mix until dissolve. Let cool until warm.
- Beat in yeast, 8, and 9 (a cup at a time) in low speed until smooth.
- Take out the dough, kneed until smooth and elastic. (estimated 5 mins)
- Form a ball in a bowl, grease top of dough, cover, put in a warm place, and leave for 1 ½ hour.
- Punch the dough, roll out to ½ inch thick, cut, and let rise (around 30 mins)
- Fry until golden.
- You may coat with plain icing sugar, or with a twist of cinnamon. Or you may even melt some chocolate and glaze the doughnut. The possibility are endless.
you can also do button-hole donut.. trust me-kids will love this.. they are so cute..