Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Carrot cake


I'm sure a lot of you had the chance to taste a slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I once had the chance about 3 years back. It was a revelation. it was not too sweet, but moist and nutty at the same time. But since that first time, I also have tasted once that are dry and not to my liking. So I've search far and wide for a recipe that I would like, and so far this recipe found to be a good one. Even my family agreed.



Ingredients:

A (Meringue)
4 eggs white
1 teaspoon cream of tartar  or lemon juice

B (sieve)
250gm superfine flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

C (wet ingredients)
1 1/2 cup shredded carrot
100gm walnut chopped

D
4 eggs yolk
1 1/2 cup corn oil
160 gm castor sugar
140gm brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt



Method:


Mix together B, C and D. Fold in A.
Pour into a lined baking pan.
Bake in a preheated oven until the skewer comes out clean.
Let cool in the baking pan for at least one hour.
frost with cream cheese frosting while warm.
Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment