Assalamualaikum to all. It has bee a while since I last wrote.. Well I didn't find any good recipe to post, until now.. It's a cake that intoxicate (no other word can best describe this) me with it's fragrance and taste.
a) 1/2 pound unsalted butter
b) 2 cups granulated sugar
c) 4 Large eggs, room temperature
e) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
f) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
g) 1 teaspoon salt
h) 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
i) 3/4 cup buttermilk. (I don't have buttermilk, so I used milk)
j) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Grease and flour your cake pan. You may line with parchment paper if desired.
2) Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer, until light and fluffy. about 5 minutes.
3) Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the zest.
4) Shift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5) In another bowl, combine buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
6) Add flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture, ending with the flour mixture.
7) Pour into baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
a) 7 egg yolks
b) 1 whole eggs
c) 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon.
d) 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
e) 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
1) combine eggs, lemon and sugar in a saucepan,on medium heat, stir constantly with wooden spoon until mixture thick enough to coat back of spoon.
2) transfer mixture into a different bowl.
3) add the butter, stir with a wooden spoon until dissolve
4) put a layer of plastic on top of the mixture to avoid a skin from forming.
5) refrigerate for at least an hour.
Frosting: even though I've made a meringue frosting, I somehow find it unstable, thus still searching for a better frosting. Until then... Happy lemoning..