Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Meringue cookies



Once upon a time my sister used a lot of egg yolk that resulted to egg whites to spare, I don't really understand it but I noticed that my sister have always requested for me to make something if she have egg whites to spare. So the other day she requested for me to make something again; my mother requested meringue cookie, which I found a bit weird, but I agree nonetheless. My mother even pick the recipe she wants me to use.  So, here it is:

Ingredients:
a) 1 cup of egg whites
b) 2 1/4 cup of icing sugar or granulated sugar (grind)
c) 1 teaspoon of vanilla essense (optional)

Methods:
1) Pre heat the oven to 80C
2) Prepare the mixing bowl, ensure there's no water, oil nor egg yolk.
3) Using the waterbath method on a medium heat fire, whisk slowly the egg whites and sugar until the sugar dissolve. Rub some of the meringue in between your finger to ensure there's none of the sugar that hasn't dissolve.
4) Take if off the fire, whisk on low speed for about 30 second before increasing the speed to medium and beat until still and thick. You may add you coloring now if you want to.
5) Pipe the meringue onto a lined baking tray.
6) Bake for at least 2 hours until the cookie is crisp outside and the bottom isn't sticking onto the tray  anymore.

This video inspired this look; even if someone increases the temperature of the oven and cracked my meringue.


I use chocolate sprinkles for the eyes..




No comments:

Post a Comment