Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

chicken dim sum



When I made chicken murtabak using popia sheet (I got this idea from Facebook), I notice that wet popia sheet has the almost the texture of dim sum's wrapper after steaming. It inspire me to search for recipe for dim sum from several web page. Eventually this is the recipe that I settle with

Ingredients:
A- 800g of mince chicken
B- 1/4 cup of corn flour
C- 1/3 carrot (small dice)
D- 1/8 cabbage (small dice)
E- 1/3 onion (small dice)
F- 2 stalk of scallion (cut small)
G- 2 eggs
H- salt and sugar to taste
I- popia sheet


Methods:
1- cut the popia sheet so you will have equal 4 small squares wrapper sheet for every 1wrapper sheet
2- put all the other ingredient in a bowl and mix well.
3- use 2 layer of the wrapper (1 layer is a bit too thin) and put a small dollop of the mixture in the middle of the wrapper
4- use flour water to act as glue. you can use which ever method to shape the dim sum.
5- steam the dim sum until the wrapper seems translucent.
6- enjoy warm..

No comments:

Post a Comment